|View video from the event in the Video Archives.|
The February 29th 5 Across event was yet another success! The 5 pitches were:
- Michael Ward pitched Tag-a-Pet, which uses custom NFC (near-field communication) tags with an integrated website that allows information to be stored and accessed electronically using smartphones.
- Matt King pitched an idea for a new interchangeable iPhone case. Starting with customizable back pieces, the customer can have an iPhone case that truly represents them.
- Calvin T. Mann pitched Pail Green, which is a measurement system for a personal “green” score. For environmentally conscious individuals wanting a measurement on how “green” they are.
- Wade Powell and Geoff Carlson pitched their idea for disposable cup lids for cold drinks promoted to a few different markets. One market is the long-distance running event market. This high-flow disposable cup lid allows runners to consume water or sports drinks quickly without slowing down, choking, or spilling the liquid all over themselves.
- Michael A. Loffredo pitched ConnectIntoClass.com, which is a social utility that will allow students to collaborate with other students that would otherwise be outside their network. ConnectIntoClass.com creates a learning community comprised of students in the same class to form study groups, answer questions about lectures and the course material, solve problems, etc.
The winner decided by the judges, as well as the audience (decided via text message) was Wade Powell and Geoff Carlson with Cornerstone innovations.
All the pitches were great! We’re sure the judges had a hard time making their decision. Thanks to everyone who came out in support of this event. We were happy to see you and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. If you missed the event, you can see videos of the pitches at 5across.org. We hope to see you at the April 25th event!